Monday, April 15, 2013

Moving Forward

This year is turning into a pretty exciting year for me and Matt. Matt graduates from the University of South Florida in 19 days with his Bachelors in Civil Engineering. He has been offered a position at the engineering company he has been interning with and should start his new job at the end of May. I was accepted into law school and will start classes this fall, and we plan on moving to the 727 for a little while while I am in school. We have a long laundry list of things to do before I start school in August, but thankfully this includes a lot of time with family and friends. It will be sad to move away from Dade City for a little while, especially since a lot of our friends have recently moved back, but it I am looking forward to a fresh start for us. Last year was a bit rough on us (me especially) and I need a change of pace. Bring on law school because I am ready (or at least as ready as I am going to be).

We have also added some new members to our family this year.  In January we adopted a 3 year old golden retriever named Toby, and a cat named Little Kitty (I can't decide on a name for her, so its just Little Kitty for now.) We already have a 14 year old black lab named Chili, and a 7 year old cat named Socks (a.k.a. Fuzz). Needless to say this was not Matt's idea. He says he feels like "Doctor F____ Doolittle." But don't let him fool you, he really loves the new cat, and he enjoys Toby (more so when he listened).
the cone of shame!

on our way to Bam Bams to run around!

Chili and Toby on the way to Bam Bams!

Little Kitty and Chili


Socks Strikes Back

Socks under our covers (she is NOT amused)

Chili is not big on sharing

Little Kitty jacked Toby's bed!
The cats are NOT getting along at the moment. Fuzz has turned into the Gollum, living only under our bed or under the house, surfacing only for food (my precious). She will only approach Matt at the moment because she HATES me right now for bringing in the other cat, which totally breaks my heart. I bottle fed her when she was two weeks old and now she wants nothing to do with me. I imagine this is like loving a teenager. Oh well. Hopefully this is just a phase and she will get used to the new cat. Little Kitty (LK) is quite the snuggler, but she still has her claws (unlike Fuzz), and has yet to back down from any other animal in the house. She is small but she packs quite the punch. Toby is a lovable dog who has the most out of control skin issues I have ever seen on a golden (and i have seen some skin issues like woah). We switched his dog food, and have used a sulfur shampoo on him that seems to be working, but he was living in a cone for about a month until we could figure it out.  Needless to say, we need to rent a house when we move so we can bring our zoo along with us. I wouldn't have it any other way though, I love my fur babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment