Monday, April 15, 2013

Easter Eggs!

 I was pretty bummed to not spend Easter with the Munz family this year, but I was lucky to spend part of the holiday with one of my best friends Elizabeth and her family. I love spending time with Liz. She is one of my best friends from high school, we lived together during college, and I got to preside over the wedding ceremony of her to her husband Will (who also graduated high school with us, and we share the same exact birthdate). They currently live in North Carolina, but they try to come down often and I never miss an opportunity to come hang out with them when they are down. On this visit we painted easter eggs with her daughter Ryleigh, and I brought Toby to their property so he could run around a bit with Liz's other dogs. She has a lab, and two lab mixes. I felt like the worst dog mom ever though, because when we arrived Toby peed right into the dog water bowl! Such bad manners! Here are some pics from our adventure. It was really fun because our other friend Kristen got to hang out with us too! The dogs ended up swimming in one of the ponds on their property (I freaked out a bit because I had to get Toby back into the truck,) so we hosed them off at the end. I always miss Lizzy and her fam when she leaves, but I know it won't be too long before we get to hang out again.

Getting the dye ready (in our Ariel costume none the less)

Into the dye the eggs go!
Plop! Ryleigh liked dropping them into the cups!
That'l put hair on your chest Ry. Don't worry, it was water (not vinegar)
Ryleigh doesn't like help, she is a big girl and wants to do things herself (sounds like someone else I know)
Watch out Ry! There is a larger than normal leprechaun behind you! Oh wait, thats just your Dad. 
Kristen concentrating on decorating her egg.
mmmm, thats good vinegar!         


Our eggs! The pink dye didn't work.
Too cool for preschool

On the golf cart. BTW i think everyone should own a golf cart. The world might be a happier place. 
The wolf pack!






but mom, I don't want to be clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment